Conserve Energy and Stay Warm!
Here are some helpful heating tips to stay warm during the winter:
- Lower thermostats to 65-68 degrees during the day and 60 degrees at night.
- Have your furnace serviced once a year.
- Consider the advantages of a clock thermostat which will automatically turn the heat down at a regular hour before you go to sleep and turn it up just before you wake.
- Dust or vacuum radiator surfaces frequently.
- Keep draperies and shades open in sunny windows; close them at night.
- For comfort in cooler indoor temperatures, use the best insulation of all – warm clothing!
- Caulk and weatherstrip doors and windows.
- Install storm windows and doors.
- Insulate attic and walls.
- Use bath and kitchen ventilating fans only as needed.
- Be sure the fireplace damper is closed except when in use.
- Repair all leaky hot water faucets as quickly as possible.
- Insulate hot water pipes.
- Use less hot water.
- Close doors and registers of rooms that are seldom used.
- If you are going away for a weekend or a trip, lower the thermostat to 55 degrees.
- Turn off electric lights and other appliances when not in use.
And make sure you don’t run out of oil by signing up for automatic delivery!
Affordable HVAC Services
>> Our History